1. Collection of Information
We collect the personally identifiable information, including but not limited to the names, mailing addresses, and email addresses when it is voluntarily submitted by our visitors via Contact Us forms on the site. The information that you provide is used to fulfill your requests on our website. This information is only used to fulfill your specific request, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner, e.g., to add you to one of our mailing lists.
2. Cookie/Tracking Technology
3. Usage and Distribution of Information
If you submit or we collect personal information through the site, then we may use such personal information in the following ways, via any applicable communication channel, including e-mail, SMS, etc.
- We may use your Personal Information to provide and improve our site, to send you marketing/advertisement communications that we believe may be of interest to you, to contact you in connection with the site and certain programs or offerings that you may have registered for, and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the site that you are authorized to access.
- We may use your designated email address to: (i) send you updates or news regarding the site and our products; (ii) confirmation and information regarding requested services and/or (iii) respond to a “Contact Us” or administrative request (for example, to change your password).
- We may disclose your personal information or any information you submitted via the site if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our Terms, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of IronYun, our users, yourself or the public; or (v) as we believe to be necessary or appropriate under applicable law.
- We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies that assist us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when at least one of the following applies: (1) permitted or required by law; (2) attempting to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; (3) investigating fraud that has already occurred.
- We will not share your data with any other company outside of these limitations.
4. Opting Out
You may choose not to receive future promotional, advertising, newsletter, or other IronYun-related emails from us by emailing us at email@example.com with “Unsubscribe” in the subject. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the aforementioned types of emails, we may still send you a response to any “Contact Us” request initiated by you while using the site.
At all times, you may choose not to provide or disclose personal information. If you choose not to provide the mandatory personal information, you may still visit parts of the site, but you may be unable to access certain options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
This privacy statement explains the data collection and use practices for IronYun software products, including but not limited to AI NVR, AI VMS, CityEyes, IronSafe, and included or referenced products that can be installed separately, sold or provided by IronYun Inc. and its affiliates. This privacy statement focuses on features that communicate via the Internet to IronYun. Customers running IronYun software products outside of a fully self-controlled environment (such as a public cloud hosting environment) should check with the operator of that environment about any additional privacy implications or requirements of running IronYun software products in that environment. IronYun software products aim toward compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA) and similar privacy protection regulations of other regions.
1. Collection of Data and Information
There are ways that IronYun can collect data, which result from your installation and use of IronYun software products, when the IronYun software products are operating and communicating via the Internet to IronYun:
- Data Collected During Setup/Installation/Use Experience, including:
- Data collected during the setup and/or installation of IronYun software products and their features.
- “Usage Feedback” – IronYun software product will automatically send data, such as the information regarding the devices, the features currently being used and the errors being returned to calling applications, to IronYun while the IronYun software product is under operation.
- “Crash Dumps” – IronYun will collect information about the internal errors of the IronYun software products to improve IronYun’s products in future releases. When an error occurs in some components and features, the data collected will contain copies of the computer’s, component’s or appliance’s memory at the time the error occurred.
- Direct Feedback from the Customer or User to IronYun – feedback data that you may explicitly choose to send to IronYun (usually through a user interface)
- Indirect Data Collection – data collected when the Customers or Users who use IronYun software product features that communicate with other IronYun services (such as IronYun Azure) governed by their own privacy statements.
2. Use of Data and Information
IronYun only collects the necessary data to ensure legitimate use and provide support to IronYun software products. IronYun uses a data categorization policy to protect customer privacy and help minimize the data collection to the amount and types that IronYun needs in order to improve or maintain the products. For clarity, IronYun does not and will not attempt to collect Usage Feedback data containing:
- Values from inside user tables
- Logon credentials or other authentication information
- Because Crash Dumps may contain data that were in the memory at the time the error occurred, the aforementioned data or other sensitive customer information may be included in the Crash Dumps. Under such circumstance, IronYun shall use such Crash Dumps only to troubleshoot, fix the defects (bugs) in the products, provide support and/or upgrade the products and not for any other purposes.
3. How to Control Data Collection
IronYun software products enable data collection by default for those listed in Section 1. In some cases, it is possible to limit which data to be collected. The data collection under the operation of IronYun software products can be configured either via a configuration program or Error and Usage Reporting. For more information on how to configure IronYun Software products to send feedback to IronYun, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As of IronYun software products 2019, it is also possible, in certain components, to audit which Usage Feedback data to be sent to IronYun. Customers who have compliance or regulatory concerns can use this feature, along with the Data Classification Matrix, to evaluate whether the data transmission to IronYun causes any compliance concerns for their specific application.
Privacy Contact Information